The section annually honors an eminent scholar in the International Relations sub-field of Feminist Theory and Gender Studies. Through their research, eminent scholars have made a significant impact and have pushed the boundaries of the sub-field. Many FTGS eminent scholars also have distinguished themselves through their commitment to the section and have advanced feminist scholarship through their teaching, mentoring and leadership.
2018: Elisabeth Pruegl and Simona Sharoni
2017: Marianna H Marchand
2016: Cynthia Weber
2015: Shirin M. Rai
2014: Carol Cohn
2013: Sandra Whitworth
2012: Marysia Zalewski
2011: Christine Sylvester
2007: Anne Sisson Runyan
2006: Jane Parpart
2005: Zillah Eisenstein
2004: Spike Peterson
2003: Jindy Pettman
2002: Maria Patricia Fernandez-Kelly
2001: Sandra Harding
1999: Berenice Carroll
1997: J. Ann Tickner
1995: Jean Bethke Elshtain
1994: Cynthia Enloe
Recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Recipients must be a current member of ISA.
- Recipients must be members of the FTGS section.
- Scholars who have previously received the award are not eligible for nomination.
- The winner will be selected by the FTGS Eminent Scholar Award Committee. This year’s committee are: Catherine Eschle, Roberta Guerrina, Denise Horn (chair), Natalie Hudson, and Laura Shepherd.
- The award will be presented at the Feminist Theory and Gender Studies (FTGS) Section business meeting during the ISA Annual Convention.
Apply For This Award
- Nominations are now being sought for the FTGS Eminent Scholar Award. Please send your nominations to the Chair of the Award Committee (Denise Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12 May 2018.
- Nominations should include a copy of the nominee’s CV and a letter of support. The letter should speak to the contributions made by the nominee and explain their importance.