Feminist Theory and Gender Studies Section
Graduate Student Paper Award 2021
About the Award
This award, sponsored by Feminist Theory and Gender Studies (FTGS), was established in 1996 to honor the graduate student paper that covers themes and areas of interest of the feminist theory and gender studies section presented at a major ISA conference such as the ISA Annual Convention.
This includes papers that were not fully sponsored by the FTGS section but by others or the conference theme. To encourage greater diversity, the award has been extended to include papers presented at any ISA-affiliated conference (e.g. CEEISA-ISA Joint International Conference in Belgrade, the ISA-Asia Pacific Conference in Singapore and the ISA International Conference in Accra). Given the disruption caused by COVID-19, we are accepting applications from anyone who was accepted to present at these conferences (even if, in the end, they were not able to present in person or if the conference was cancelled).
1. We welcome both members and non-members to apply. However, recipients must be a member of ISA when the award is granted.
2. The person nominated must have been a student at the time the paper was (due to be) presented
* A $500.00 (USD) cash prize along with a certificate is awarded to the recipient
* The award comes with a peer-review by the International Feminist Journal of Politics with a prospect for publication
* Results of the competition will be announced in mid-September
* The Committee Chair is responsible for notifying the recipient of the award and encouraging the Recipient to attend the Annual Convention at which the Award is to be presented so as to receive the Award in person
Apply for the FTGS Best Student Paper Award.
We particularly encourage students from geographical, social, gender or intellectual backgrounds that tend to be marginalized at ISA to apply for this award.
The deadline for nominations is June 20, 2021 (EST).
* Self-nominations are strongly encouraged.
* Nominations may be made by anyone in the profession. We encourage in particular discussants and chairs on FTGS panels at the ISA Annual Convention or at other ISA conferences to let us know about outstanding papers you encountered.
* Nominations should include contact information of the nominee and a copy of the relevant paper. They should be submitted electronically to the Chair of the Award Committee, Dr Catherine Goetze, Catherine.email@example.com .