FTGS annually awards a prize for new publications making a substantial contribution to our understanding of international studies and global politics through feminist theory and gender studies.
The award recognizes a book published in the preceding two calendar years that excels in originality, impact, and rigor towards furthering feminist theory and gender studies within the discipline of international studies.
Eligibility and Nomination Process
- Recipient must be willing to join the ISA FTGS section when the award is granted.
- Books must have been published in the two preceding calendar years (i.e. the book must have an official publication date of 2020 or 2021 for nomination this year). Books that were previously nominated are not eligible for nomination in the following year.
- Nominators/ nominees are responsible for making sure the publisher provides copies of the nominated book for the committee by July 30, 2021.
- The winner, and finalists will be announced in December.
- The prize will be presented at the ISA Annual Conference conference the following spring.
How to Apply
- Deadline: 30 July 2021
- The Paperwork: Please send your nomination and a 200 words case about the significance and originality of the work.
- Where to submit the nomination: firstname.lastname@example.org