About the Award
Feminist Theory and Gender Studies (FTGS) annually honours an eminent scholar in the International Relations sub-field of Feminist Theory and Gender Studies. Through their research, eminent scholars have made a significant impact and have pushed the boundaries of the sub-field. Many FTGS eminent scholars also have distinguished themselves through their commitment to the section and have advanced feminist scholarship through their teaching, mentoring and leadership. We strongly encourage nominations of scholars who come from under-represented and marginalised communities, epistemological and theoretical lineages as well as those situated within the global South. Details on previous award recipients can be found here.
Application Information Criteria
- Applicants have made significant impact and pushed the boundaries of FTGS, (the panel takes ‘performance’ relative to opportunity considerations seriously).
- Recipients must be/become a member of the ISA and FTGS at the time of award
- Nominations should be submitted to the Chair of the Award Committee – Amanda Chisholm, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominations should include a copy of the nominee’s CV and a letter of support. The letter should speak to the contributions made by the nominee and explain their importance.
- Nominations can be made by anyone in the profession or by the relevant community group.
- The deadline for nominations is 7 June 2022
- Scholars who have previously received the award are not eligible for nomination.
The winner will be selected by the FTGS Eminent Scholar Award Committee. The award will be presented at the Feminist Theory and Gender Studies (FTGS) Section business meeting during the ISA Annual Convention.
The Feminist Theory and Gender Studies section of the International Studies Association brings together scholars who apply feminist theory to International Relations or look at the field through a gender lens. For more information, visit: https://www.isanet.org/ISA/Sections/FTGS